Labels

Monday, August 24, 2015

Pork Chops Supreme

Trent's new favorite pork chops.  Baked in a sauce that is kind of sweet, really tangy, and really good.  Best of all:  Really EASY!  I think you could do this in a crock pot as well, can't see why not.  I wouldn't try cooking the rice with it though, you'd have to really adjust the liquid and I'm not sure how you'd do that.

Pork chops, enough to cover the bottom of your cooking pot with a lid (how I ever lived without the Food Network cast iron enameled dutch oven that I got from Shea, I don't know.)

1 1/2 cups tomato ketchup
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 onion sliced (or substitute about 2 heaping tablespoons dried minced onion, Trent actually like that better)
Lemon slices if you have them

Place chops (I prefer pork sirloin boneless) in a single layer in your pot.
Season chops with salt and pepper, place onion slices on top of chops
In a bowl, mix the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire.
Pour this sauce over the top of the chops.

Cover and bake for 1 hour, then take the lid off and bake another 30 minutes. Serve over rice.  I start my rice cooker when I take the lid off the chops, then my rice is done about the same time as the chops.

Best with fried zucchini or corn on the cob!

No comments:

Post a Comment