Labels

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bread Dipping Oil

Think Johnny Carino's style here. Good stuff. This makes a really cool gift for the holidays or a housewarming. I bought small bottles with corks one year and filled them with this dipping oil. Gave them to my family and friends along with a loaf of french bread and some roasted dried garlic to serve with the oil, just like they do at Carino's. Oh, and call me if you need the garlic, I bought a big canister of it...still have over half of it left.

This is for one gift...you can double, triple, quad this for however many gifts you are making, or adjust for the size bottles you are using. Keep in mind the best way to buy the spices for this is in bulk food at Winco, much cheaper than the bottles you find on the baking aisle.

Dipping Oil:
1 tbsp. dried rosemary
1 tbsp. dried parsley
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. dried thyme

1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes (optional)

Mix all spices and add to 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. When serving, swirl the bottle to shake up the spices and drizzle over the roasted garlic pieces on a plate. Sprinkle the oil with a little salt and dip the bread in it. Very good stuff.

Oh yeah, and this makes a good marinade too, especially for wild game. I had deer steaks out and ran out of marinade. I saw a half bottle of this bread dip in my cupboard and thought "what the heck..." It is now mine and my friends' favorite game marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment