Labels

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shea's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm not a chocolate chip cookie fan. I know, how Un-American is that? But...my family is. I just never found a recipe that I was interested enough to make, poor deprived family. So, Shea took charge. Last year she found a "recipe in a jar" gift that she made for everyone for Christmas. We made the cookies and they were so good! I know this is on every post I type.....but it's......wait for it......Trent's favorite :) Thanks Shea!! Oh, a note about the margarine...DON'T use butter here (wait, have I EVER said that before?!!?) Use margarine..oh that's painful to say...but true. Use room temperature margarine sticks, much better cookies are the result. But just for these! Ow. Ok, better now.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 - 3/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar lightly packed
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup margarine, softened ( one and a half sticks)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips (you can use 1/2 choc and 1/2 white chips for fun)

Mix flour, soda, salt, brown sugar, and sugar in a bowl. Add room-temperature soft margarine, egg, and vanilla until it's a dough consistency. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets in heaping tablespoon-full sized portions. Bake 350 for 12-14 mins.

Note to self: Trent likes 14 mins...it's a crunchy/chewy texture he preferred to the 12 min soft cookie that I did first.

Makes around 2 dozen.

To do the recipe-in-a-jar gift:
Place brown sugar in the bottom of a jar, then the flour/white sugar/salt/soda, then on the top put a cup or so of chocolate chips. (I added more when we made them). Add a tag with directions to add one and a half sticks of margarine, an egg, and a tsp vanilla. Bake 350 for 12- 14 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment